CAN’d Aid to Donate Newly Built Bikes to Phoenix Area Elementary Students
Brews on the Block fundraising event on February 18 with the McDowell Mountain Music Festival and Upward Projects
PHOENIX, AZ – CAN’d Aid Foundation, Upward Projects and the McDowell Mountain Music Festival will build 71 bikes to donate to local 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students at the New World Education Center in Phoenix, AZ. Throughout the weekend at McDowell Mountain Music Festival, attendees will have a chance to help build bikes that each student will receive on March 6, 2017.
In an effort to raise the funds needed to purchase these bikes, Upward Projects, Oskar Blues Brewery and McDowell Mountain Music Fest have teamed up to co-host a classic block party with live music, craft beer and good feels on Saturday, February 18. Brews on the Block will be on “The Block” – a cluster of neighboring restaurants located on Central Ave. in Phoenix, including Postino WineCafe, Joyride Taco House, Federal Pizza and Windsor. All proceeds (approximately $15/ticket) will help purchase bikes for low-income students in the Phoenix metro area.
$35 Tickets Include:
- Four pints of limited edition Oskar Blues draft beers (each Upward Project restaurant on “The Block” features a different selection)
- An exclusive Brews on the Block pint glass
- Live performances at Windsor and Joyride from bands featured at McDowell Mountain Music Festival
- A chance to win one of five sets of VIP tickets to McDowell Mountain Music Fest – attendees are automatically entered to win upon check-in to the event
Additional events supporting the bike build and donation include:
- Bike Build in the Oskar Blues Brewery tent at McDowell Mountain Music Festival, where all attendees can come help assemble the bikes from 1:00pm – 3:00pm each day of the festival, March 3 – March 5
- Bike Donation held on Monday, March 6, immediately following the festival, at the New World Education Center with Upward Projects, Oskar Blues Brewery, and M3F staff. Community volunteers are welcome to attend and help distribute bikes, fit helmets and adjust seats
A special thank you to Hasbrook Interiors for donating the use of their truck for bike transport. The public is invited to purchase tickets to the Brews on the Block event on Saturday, February 18 to help fund the bike donation effort and support efforts to get local kids outside riding bikes! Tickets may be purchased here.